Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nine Months Pregnant and Feeling It

Up until two weeks ago, I have been feeling so good that I thought I could stay pregnant forever. I had energy, my acid reflux was manageable, and my aches and pains were at a minimum. Then, I hit a wall. Now, I look forward to having this over. I am in pain and uncomfortable all of the time. I am now swelling. I am up to 2 Zantac a day and it still doesn't really work. I can't move quickly in any way. Sitting makes me stiff. Standing makes me stiff. Sleeping is not restful and I wake up with an aching back, hips, and butt. And the exhaustion has returned in full force. I basically have to nap at my desk every afternoon just to make it to 5pm. I used to love getting on a roll in late afternoon and going until 6. Now, I keep watching the clock and try to find a reason to leave at 4:30 so I can go lay down.

And I am so sick of wearing the same 6 damn outfits that I could die. I don't even want to get dressed for work anymore and basically don't care what I look like - not even my maternity tops fit me now. My hair is not cooperating, my face is breaking out, and I just look puffy and gross. Ugh, I feel like I need a break. Thankfully, I am really in the home stretch now.

And another thing. I went shopping for nursing bras this weekend. I decided to start with motherhood maternity because they seem to have a ton of bras and I don't know what I like yet so I wanted to spend as little as possible to try out some styles. Unfortunately, unlike any other time I have been in there, the sales clerks were totally unhelpful. They took turns measuring me and got different results each time (is it really that hard?). Then, they told me that they don't have any bras in my size. That is ridiculous and outrageous. It is no secret that women's boobs and rib cages get bigger in pregnancy, and that boobs get even bigger at the start of nursing. This should not be a shock to the buyers at Motherhood maternity. So I want to know why it is that there is no bra that will fit a D+ cup, or a DD, or an E even! I mean, even non-"plus size" ladies can get giant boobs so what's the deal?!?! My only option is to order stuff online, which is a pain in the ass.

The bottom line is that I am just plain tired and cranky at this point and I can't wait to move on to the next phase.

3 comments:

Marni said...

i havent gone to buy any more nursing bras, as im going to try to use the ones i have. and after trying about 1 million, there are two i have come up with that i like...one is actually from motherhood and it wasnt too expensive. i have it in a 40E in both black and beige(they sold that size the last time i was pregnant, and if they dont sell it now, that is RIDICULOUS). the other one i LOVE the best, BUT it is expensive. it is from nordstrom and it is made by Anita Maternity. it is also a 40E and i know i bought it in the store, so again, im sure there are some larger size bras in the mall for us big beautiful busty soon to be nursing mamas....hope that helps....

Marni said...

oh, and one more thing. the bras i tried that i got from both target and walmart (to try and save money) SUCKED...... also when you're looking, try to find something they call a "leisure" bra which is essentially a looser fitting bra that looks more like a tank top than anything else, because you will probably need to wear something at night so you can keep nursing pads in them so you dont leak all over your sheets....and i wanted to wear something to sleep in that was as comfortable as possible.

'BOTB said...

Abby,
If it makes you feel any better, you looked awesome and cute as a button when I saw you in Starbucks last Friday--not gross, huge, and pimply.