Wednesday, March 4, 2009

3rd time is a charm?!

We're saying the first two rounds were practice and the 3rd time is the real deal! I can't tell you how excited I am to announce that I'm 11 weeks pregnant! I'm due on 9/22/09.

Yesterday was my 11 week ultrasound - we saw a great heartbeat and a growing baby - it was such a relief and I finally feel like I can relax a little bit. Joey is getting excited too - I think it was great for him to see the heartbeat and know there really is a baby in my belly!

We have a good record for getting pregnant - 3/4 months we've tried has resulted in a pregnancy - now I think we have the medications right to keep me preggo! The day we found out this time I woke up in the middle of the night to pee and decided to take a digital test - to my suprise it said PREGNANT - I was giddy! I left the test on the sink in the bathroom and went back to bed. Joey went to the bathroom to get ready for the day and walked back into the bedroom with wide eyes saying "Seriously?!" It was exciting and nerve wracking all at once.

I hesitantly called the doctors office and he ordered labs to be drawn - I had a good starting number. 3 days later another level and it had tripled. Whew! The following week I had it drawn again just to make sure it was still heading in the right direction and it was. I still wasn't letting myself get excited even though the levels were good and I was further along than I had been yet because I was scared. Then the nausea kicked in. Not the best time to be on a cruise ship!

I do not deal well with nausea and I DO NOT vomit. I think that is the reason I have yet to vomit - I just try to deal with it (though I don't do a very good job at times - Joey is sick of hearing me say "I think this time I'm really going to puke") I do A LOT of gagging/dry heaving but no vomit. Zofran is my life saver at times. I lost 3 pounds at my first appointment but I've gained 4 in the last month. I'm attributing it to my diet of carbs with a side of carbs because veggies make me want to gag. I'm hoping to get back to my healthy diet soon!

I'm really wanting to relax and enjoy the pregnancy - meeting the new members of Eaton Road in the next few weeks will be a good distraction!

Marni - can you put up a baby Klein ticker now? Thanks!

2 comments:

Marni said...

jami, your ticker is up on the blog.....and how cute it looks!!!! now we need a 4th ticker to finish off our block.....cara, how's that coming?

Nicole said...

Yeah! Baby {Beyonce} is on the way! Congratulations!