Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Getting Closer

Only 10 days left to my due date, and likely less than that until we finally get to meet our baby!

We had another trip to labor & delivery on Sunday - I think they are getting to know us. This one lasted four hours and was prompted by my BP going up up up. We got to visit Marni and baby Tali Sunday morning, then we met up with Bobby's dad in the afternoon who was nice enough to get us a camcorder in honor of the new addition. I noticed that my hands were starting to swell. I have been wearing one of Bobby's rings for about a month now, and it is big on me so when it started to get tight I knew something was up. I had Bobby check my BP and it was about 142/94. So I took a nap for about an hour and woke up, checked it again, and found it to be 144/96. This made me a little concerned. We decided to go for a walk in the sunshine, then made dinner. I checked it after dinner and it was 148/100. We waited, checked again and it was 150/98. At this point, it was 8:30 and we decided to call the OB's office. I didn't want to only because I dreaded going to the hospital and having to get naked just to be hooked up to a BP monitor for hours. But, the numbers were alarming me, especially since I had not had a stressful day at all. So we called and, sure enough, we were sent in. Only, this time we were told to pack a bag because I was either going to be sent home or having a baby. Of course, I didn't have my bag packed already

After 4 hours in the hospital we were finally sent home when my BP came down and my blood work came back normal. The horrible part was having to lay on my left side for 4 hours - talk about muscle cramps!

Luckily, I still get to wait a little while longer, I just have to work part time and rest in the afternoons. I can't believe how soon we'll have a third person living in our house!!!

No comments: