Wednesday, March 4, 2009

How I'm not ready for a baby, let me count the ways

Aside from the 'horror' stories that my pregnant friends share, I have several reasons why I am not ready for a baby:
I like my sleep
I like wine, a lot
I like meeting up with friends after work for catching up and a quick bite to eat
I like working out at the gym
I like not feeling sick to my stomach
I like the clothes I own
I'm trying to lose weight, not gain
It's hard enough keeping the house clean after my husband (let alone children)
I like to travel
It's hard enough getting myself out the door in the morning (or any other time)
I like cheese, a lot
I could go on and on but didnt want to take up too much of our time. Please feel free to add to the list (or counter, if you wish)!

3 comments:

Marni said...

i like to travel.

i like cheese.

breast feeding is the best way to lose weight and you cant breast feed unless you've been pregnant (i think!). and the weight you gained in pregnancy (plus MORE) comes off without even trying, AND while youre eating about 1000 EXTRA calories per day....

i like wine (AND BEER).

i still get out of my house on time in the morning.

ummmm....the cleaning thing- yah. it sucks. hire housekeepers like us!

and i have a wonderful son! and a baby of the way- REALLY SOON! and it is SO WORTH IT!!!!

im trying to convince you cara. is it working?

Sarah said...

I like my sleep- Adeline sleeps 13 hours a night and has since 6 weeks old

I like wine, a lot- Trust me you can polish off a lot of wine in 13 hours

I like meeting up with friends after work for catching up and a quick bite to eat- daycares are open til 6 or later

I like working out at the gym- I make it about 3 times a week. Some gyms even have "babysitters"

I like not feeling sick to my stomach- I had not one drop of morning sickness. Rare I know but don't get scared by the dramatic horror stories

I like the clothes I own- You'll be back in pre-pregnancy clothes in no time if you breast feed.
Then when you pull them out of the closet it's like they're new AND you like them.

I'm trying to lose weight, not gain-see above

It's hard enough keeping the house clean after my husband (let alone children)-yeah it might be time for your husband to step up a bit even if you don't have a kid. ;-)

I like to travel- they make these things that buckle into cars and keep kids safe. Oh and they go on airplanes too!

It's hard enough getting myself out the door in the morning (or any other time)- morings are the best time! You would not believe how happy that baby will be too see you in the morning! He/She will laugh and smile and reach to you from the crib like you are a Jonas brother or something. It makes the extra 10 minutes (tops) SSOOO worth it!

I like cheese, a lot- just eat the cheese. You'll have to have some excuse for when your kid screws up and does something dumb around age 16. then you can say Ah! it's not my mothering skills. It must have been that Brie...

Cara said...

Geez, tough crowd!