Wednesday, March 4, 2009

my office throws a good party, too bad my BP is so high

my office decided to throw me a baby shower, and did all this planning behind my back, but last week told me about it so i didnt make plans during lunch today....
all of the offices blocked time at lunch, and came out to the new office where i work and brought lunch and presents!

it was so nice having everyone together, although its sometimes hard for me being the center of attention- i get uncomfortable. and i also felt a tiny bit uncomfortable since i already have levi and i think its funny to have a shower for a second baby....BUT, im not complaining. it was VERY VERY nice of everyone.

the food was fabulous (i didnt eat enough because i was so overwhelmed, and i ended up with a blood sugar of 63 AFTER lunch- so i just ate more cake!), and the cake was delicious, moist, half chocolate, half white.....

now that its over, the office is cleaned up, i just want to go to my car and re-inspect all the gifts! my friends were nice to bring everything to my car so i didnt have to do it after work today, but i just want to look at everything again now and enjoy my new stuff!!!!!

In other news, last night, after lying on the couch watching american idol in HD on my new awesome TV, i went upstairs to get changed into PJs and took one look at my legs and almost cried- elephant feet again, but this time, to the 10th degree.....i immediately took my BP and it was 140/100 (AFTER relaxing for 2 hours watching american idol no-less- not like i was running around, cleaning, or cooking)....i also weighed myself....so, after being up all night peeing out 7 pounds of water- literally, i took my blood pressure upon waking this AM and it was 140/90. CRAP!!!! normally, if i take it in the morning, its around 110/60, but it goes up after moving around a bit.

this is bad news...

jeff and i had a little talk with fiffy-fiffy saying that we want the baby to stay inside for a couple more weeks, and to relax a bit....and then we made a plan- im working today, all day (especially since i had this shower today at work and i didnt want to miss my own party!). and check my BP multiple times today, and also work tomorrow morning. My OB appt is tomorrow afternoon and I guess we'll have to wait and see what my Dr says then....

can i still work? could i possibly work half days until my c-section? do i have to go on bedrest? do we have to deliver the baby now? all of these questions are running through my head and im sure the stress is not helping my blood pressure....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your BP is better whether its on its own or due to needing to take it easy! Let me know if you need anything!