Wednesday, March 18, 2009

crazy week

i was fine until last thursday....my endo kind of freaked out on me and was unhappy with how much water i was retaining, my dropping blood sugars, and my elevated blood pressure. he called my OB and told him to deliver me....
so, i went to my doctor for a non-stress test after that and everything looked fine, and he reassured me that i could continue to gestate. BUT, he wanted to have my monitored on monday just to make sure things were still fine.

i went to my doctor's partner monday for another non-stress test. my doctor was working in the hospital all that day, so i saw his partner instead.
im all hooked up to the machine, they have a hard time finding the heart beat, and finally, they found it so i relaxed....BUT, the non-stress test was non-reactive, which means the baby was not moving well and the heart rate was very steady instead of moving up and down....AND my blood pressure was pretty high....AND with all that combined with my low blood sugars, my OB's partner told me i should have the baby that day or the next, and sent me down to the hospital.

SO I PANICKED!!!

i found someone to pick levi up from school (thanks laura), and cancelled my afternoon plans, and called jeff and told him to meet me at labor and delivery, and called my mom and told her to get in the car and come to cleveland....i called work and told them to cancel all my patients from that point on- i was DONE working.
and i stopped home to get my bag and drove myself to the hospital.

after being monitored for three hours, the baby "woke up" and my blood pressure came down, and everything looked fine....

SO, long story short- i was sent home, baby still inside....

i felt bad that i had my mom rush to get here, but at the same time, i have peace of mind that she is here since if i do happen to go into labor, i dont have to worry about someone watching levi.....

and i AM CONTRACTING! even though it is not regular, they are real contractions that occur with any movement, walking, etc. they stop (mostly) when im lying down, although i was up for a couple hours last night with them- but now theyve stopped again.

i had to have another ultrasound today to make sure the baby still looks good, and the baby looks great....
and the estimated fetal weight is 7 pounds 3 ounces....
im still on the schedule for friday morning, 8am....yippee!!!!!!
we all cant wait to meet FIFFY-FIFFY!!!!

No comments: