Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I feel like all I do is complain....

I have to change that!!! Why do I complain so much???
So, I should start with the good stuff. My friend vanessa came to visit a few weeks ago and gave me a wonderful birthday present of "shea cashmere bath products" from bath and body works....ever since I told her I was having a problem with keeping clean and taking showers, she has been laughing and thinking it is really funny, and gave me this gift as kind of an incentive to "be clean".
well, it worked!!!! the stuff smells like butterscotch or burnt sugar and smells so yummy i want to eat it or lick it! and im taking a shower everyday (mostly!).
I also indulged a little and bought archipelago "morning mint" lotion from joseph beth and moisturize my skin in the morning after my shower, and i feel lady like and girly and clean and happy!!!! what happened???? im liking my new girliness.....now i just have to get up the energy to actually shave my legs....
now the other stuff.....my legs are one to start- they look like elephants. im really swollen with pitting edema (when you press your finger in, an indentation stays there) up to my knees....this is what happened last time when my blood pressure started to rise....so, off to the OB i went, and yep- i was right- blood pressure is up....so, now im taking my blood pressure a couple times per day, and when it gets too high, that means im done working....
so, ive made some changes at work to allow myself more sitting time and less movement....and hopefully the changes allow me to work up until the baby arrives.....but we'll see!!!! im keeping march 20th on my calendar...and i want to make it all the way there....
we have lots to do before the baby comes and i feel like time is running out. and jeff just realized (i hadnt even thought about it either!) that there are still some things we need to get before the new baby comes.....like a diaper bin and a double stroller and some other little things...and we need to figure out who we lent all of our bouncers to and get all levi's old baby stuff out of the basement....
ok, marni, stop thinking.....the thinking and thinking and thinking is causing stressing and stressing and stressing which is causing my blood pressure to rise. i think it would be nice to go to sleep and wake up having it all done for me! what i would do for a genie in a bottle right now.

No comments: