Monday, February 16, 2009

Baby Furniture Has Arrived!!

Friday moring, right on time, our baby furniture was delivered. It was a really exciting moment because, even though we painted and had our area rug down, the baby's room still just felt like "a room". Now, the furniture is in and looks fantastic. Now, we have "a nursery." Although the only thing "baby" about it at this point is the crib, that's fine with me. It feels low key and relaxing and that is exactly what we were going for. The dogs caught the relaxed vibe too, I think. We let them in yesterday and they just sniffed around and then stretched out on the rug. We have a crib, a dresser/changing table, and SUPER comfy gliding/swivelling stuffed chair and ottoman. We picked up a floor lamp and small table lamp and now all we have to do is put up the artwork. Future plans include putting up shelves that we have, and cubby-type book/toy shelves but those won't be needed right away.

In other news, this baby is still laying SIDEWAYS and, let me tell you, there really isn't sufficient room left to be in that position. Most of the time I have a hard little head in my side. I have been in particularly "uncomfortable" pain since last Friday that goes down to my knees. Luckily, I see the doctor today and while she probably won't do anything to fix the situation, I can at least bring it to her attention to make sure there isn't a problem. At this point, I am starting to look forward to the finish line because things are beginning to get pretty uncomfortable on a regular basis.

Less than 7 weeks left at this point!

No comments: