Monday, February 2, 2009

can i complain for a minute?

my lower back hurts.....
thats how it started at least....

i felt like i was walking funny at work this morning, like my belly was sticking out extra far, and i just couldnt straighten out my back...and i didnt understand it because nothing really hurt...

then, as the day went on, the sides of both of my legs went totally numb to the knees, and my lower back started to hurt...

now, im hunched over as i walk and it is getting worse....

im done complaining....now i just ask for some suggestions- HELP! I NEED TO GET BETTER QUICK!!!

3 comments:

Cara said...

Something similar happened to my (then pregnant) co-worker. Her doctor told her the baby was pushing on her sciatic nerve. I think she got a big cushy pillow to sit on for the remainder of the pregnancy. Good luck and I hope you're feeling better soon! Let me know if you need anything!

Sarah said...

It's not labor is it? :-)

Marni said...

nope. not labor....when i was lying down last night, the pain was very much relieved, but as soon as i would roll over, move in any way, or try to get up to pee (like i do all night long), the pain returned! i talked to my OB today who said it is likely compression but it is not sciatic pain because the pain/numbness isnt in my butt and the back of my legs, but down the sides of my legs...WEIRD! and the treatment is rest/relax/feet up, etc, which is really hard when im still working, and its not a medical indication for bedrest, so i guess i have to deal with it for a while....well, im walking like an old woman and waddling at the same time. i must be quite a sight!!!!