Monday, September 29, 2008

maternity pants

they say that with your second pregnancy, your belly just pouches out sooner and you get bigger earlier....
i can tell you that it is definitely true.
i absolutely do not look pregnant at all, just that my waist is expanding at alarming rates and none of my pants fit me- i can not button a single pair. i bet a lot of people at work were wondering why i was getting so fat! (until friday when i finally told them all i was pregnant!).
i went into the basement on friday to retrieve my maternity clothes, all clean and folded up neatly in large ziploc bags....
at the beginning of my last pregnancy, i was 20 pounds heavier than when i started this one. AND, since this pregnancy started, i have lost 4 pounds...(not sure why- im eating a ton and im not nauseaous at all!).
so, i started trying on my maternity clothes, and although this may sound nice to some people, everything is too big! it is really frustrating to have absolutely nothing to wear....BUT honestly, im also pretty happy with this finding too, because it means i really did lose weight....Now, instead of being unable to button my pants, im constantly pulling them up because they are falling down....and i think perhaps i look like im carrying something extra in the seat of my pants since they are hanging down so low....
i need to go shopping.....
abby- lets plan a date....(and anyone else who wants to come and be fashion consultants, you are all welcome to join too!).

No comments: