Thursday, September 25, 2008

Number 2- "fiffy-fiffy"

Do you see another little baby there underneath abby's floating baby?
yep...thats mine!
i cant believe im pregnant. im beyond happy.....and jeff and levi couldnt be happier either (although im not 100% sure levi truly understands)....

i found out i was pregnant on a friday. i took the test in the morning because i knew my mom was coming to visit that evening and i wanted to be able to share my good news....and it was positive! i woke jeff up jumping up and down. we were both ecstatic...
my mom arrived that evening with her friend nancy, and my mom was talking on the phone while i went to the freezer, took out a hot dog bun, and put it in the oven....when my mom got off the phone, i told her to go open the oven and asked her what was in there...she looked at me with a blank face and then started to guess.....a roll was her answer, i asked where it was and she said "on the rack". i tried for a few minutes to get her to alter the statement....she got to a bun on the rack, and finally, a bun in the oven.....she still didnt get it right away, and looked at me and finally it just hit her! she was so excited! a bun in the oven.....BUT, i wouldnt let her tell anyone since it was so early and i just wanted to make sure everything went ok....
all that evening, i just kept thinking- wow. abby and i are essentially on the same schedule, i wonder if she is pregnant. wouldnt that just be crazy.....it turns out- 1 day apart, exactly. she took her test (or should i say tests) one day after me, and her due date is one day after mine.....crazy and incredible, but so exciting!!!!

Why did I wait so long to tell you?
religious, superstitious, too much knowledge causing doctor nervousness reasons- all probably have some sort of bearing on why i didnt say anything until now.
as some of you know, i had gestational diabetes with levi's pregnancy.....and i was on insulin from 26 weeks onward. i also had pregnancy induced hypertension. and i was diagnosed with hashimoto's thyroiditis about 1 year ago.....all problems that make this pregnancy high risk.....
so with this pregnancy, lots of extra caution has been taken. ive essentially seen a doctor every single week, alternating between OB and Endocrinologist. I am already on insulin, as when i started checking my blood sugars immediately after i found out i was pregnant (as instructed by both my OB and my endo) they were already abnormal.
so, maybe the fact that this pregnancy was even higher risk than my last one and because my doctors were being so cautious with me made me even more stressed and nervous.
BUT, today, i turn 13 weeks....
and today, i had a real ultrasound.
i saw a little baby with a head, arms, legs, beating heart, all moving around in my belly like a little wiggle worm!
so now im telling everyone! im spreading my joy and happiness with the whole world!!!!

at the beginning, we told levi there was a baby in mommy's belly. and he didnt say anything. then jeff and i were talking about whether or not we would find out the sex this time (we did not find out with levi and i just knew he was a girl- turns out i was wrong!), and we decided that we would not find out again. the surprise was so great last time....so, we were talking about how it was a "fifty-fifty" chance boy vs girl, and im not sure what else we said, but levi looked and us and said "fiffy-fiffy" and kissed my belly....
so, now the baby is known as "fiffy-fiffy"....and levi says night night to fiffy-fiffy every night and gives the baby in my belly kisses on a daily basis.....
he is going to be such a great big brother!!!!

2 comments:

'BOTB said...

Congrats Marni! So excited for you!!!!

Sarah said...

At This rate the only people drinking at the next book club meeting will be Kelly and I...