Saturday, November 8, 2008

First Little Kicks

Well, this baby must be real. And all this time I feared it might all just be in my head . . . my really powerful head that has the power to stop my period and grow my stomach beyond the bounds of my normal clothes. I have been waiting for this to happen and (I think) it finally has - the first little kicks (or ass-kicking punches) of our baby. When I first thought I felt something, I was at work on a phone call. As soon as I hung up I called Bobby to report and he was ecstatic and incredibly jealous. Since then, I feel things every now and again. Currently, we are on a trip through New England and I could feel a whole bunch of movement on a long lovely drive through Vermont. The baby must get excited when I feel relaxed! I am sure there will be a point in the near future when the baby is kicking the crap out of my ribs and making me curse those once cute little kicks, but for now I am really happy.

In other news, I can now report that I have some serious acid reflux issues. Last week it started and I thought it might just be stressed. But it hasn't stopped and now it wakes me up in the middle of the night, when I feel like it is just going to rise all the way up and out. (Gross, I know). I know carry tums in my purse. And the list of items I can safely eat has just shrunk another few notches. I think I am just down to mashed potatoes and ice cream. Boo to the downside of pregnancy.

Also, I am now only one week away from my anatomy ultrasound where, hopefully, we will find everything going well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for little kicks! I hope you have a fun, relaxing trip.