Wednesday, November 19, 2008

theyre starting to notice

im big.
or maybe its just that i FEEL big.
when you look at me dead on from the front, i look like ive just gotten fatter.
when you look at my from the side, ive got a big round belly.
im into the phase where my shirts are not fitting unless they're either really long or they are maternity. they are all riding up in the front so the top of my "sexy" elastic waist maternity pants are showing, and i dont think it is very attractive. i think i need to go buy some more shirts (long sleeve cozy ones to keep me warm in this cold wintery weather that has begun here in blustery cleveland).
for the last month, i notice my patients looking at me. staring at my belly. staring at me in a way that i absolutely know what they are thinking, but they are still too nervous to ask....
but this week, ive started to get some belly pats and questions- when are you due? I feel that I cant volunteer the information unless asked- im not sure if thats normal or not, but in the field im in, where parents bring their children to see me for medical care, the visits are about them and not me...so, i dont say anything. i dont think there is really an appropriate time for me to interject my own happy news. but im more than happy to answer them when they ask......
in other news, i had my big anatomy ultrasound 1.5 weeks ago and things went really well, and we did not find out the sex....we have some cute pictures (although i do agree, abby....face pictures of the baby do look kind of creepy!). and i have my fetal echo next week, so that should be interesting (im having a fetal echo because im being treated as if i have long-standing diabetes instead of just gestational diabetes).

1 comment:

'BOTB said...

Marni, your baby belly is so cute and will only continue to get cuter, I'm sure! :)