Monday, April 14, 2008

The Pros, The Cons, and the What the F*%$s!

Before I launch into my own tale of woe, let me just say YIKES!  Alright, I will just be straight up.  Jami, if you are pregnant I will be really happy and very excited for you.  But, if you are not, I will do a selfish little dance of joy (in my head only, of course, I am not weird) because the SF trip just won't be the same without you participating all in.  Enough said on that, it seems pretty clear from your post what your preference is.  It's just that, if Joey and Bobby start throwing up from having too much wine and then sucking on cigars it will be a lot easier to tolerate if we were both drunk too.  But still, if you have a bun in the oven we'll throw you a party.

I am in major flux right now.  For anyone who had to deal with me the last two weeks you probably noticed that I was out of my mind.  A little problem with a prescription left me with bad side effects.  It is straightened out for now, but it is going to take a visit to another doctor to figure out a permanent solution.  As a result, however, I don't think May is going to work for us now.  Looks like it might be June.

I have to say, while I am slightly bummed about the situation, I couldn't help feeling a bit relieved as well.  Oddly, I felt sort of like I got a little reprieve from a sentence.  I know it sounds terrible, but I am having a hard time coming to grips with closing a chapter.  I think things might be simpler if I just had an "oops" pregnancy.  Then at least life would push me over that fear of just doing it.

In any event, it is going to have to happen soon because Bobby keeps cradling our smaller dog like a baby.  More and more, in fact.  Last night, it sort of gave me the creeps and I had to tell him to stop.  I think he has baby fever - if it is possible for men to have it.  Then again, he doesn't have to grow a person or get fat or push one through a sensitive orifice.  Lucky.

1 comment:

'BOTB said...

Abby,
I think it is definitely possible for men to have "the fever". My husband goes back and forth and back and forth on it. He gets so excited when he sees cute kids in the store or walking with their parents, etc. We both do, actually. And then we spend time with our nieces and nephews and come to "how in the hell do people do this?" realization.

If you want delay your hubby's apparent "fever" just take him to Chuck E. Cheese. We went for our niece's 5th birthday and we won't be having kids for a long time as a result!

Hope you don't mind me commenting...Marni gave me the blog address and I've been keeping up. Can't wait until next Book Club!