Monday, April 14, 2008

better late for now

I stopped taking birth control pills in August because I had the "fever" and wanted to be ready whenever I got the "OK" from Joey. No OK yet but hoping for it sometime soon! Since then I have had my cycle every 28 days - which reiterates my thoughts that I am fertile myrtle. I have this idea that the first time we try to make a baby it will happen. SO, you can see my surprise that I am 6 days late. I've taken 2 pregnancy tests - NEGATIVE whew!
This causes problems for a few reasons
1. We are actively NOT trying to have a baby right now (2 forms of birth control) because we are taking at second honeymoon trip to wine country next month and partake in tasting those delicious wines while we're there
2. I want to actively be trying to have a baby when we do conceive
3. I have diabetes and I need to have my blood sugars in near perfect control prior to conception - they are good right now but could and will be better once we're trying
4. Now, I will most likely have my period while we're on our trip in San Francisco - bummer!

The fever definitely has been waxing and waning for me recently. I think it may be because I know we're not going to try until we get back from our trip so no need to think about it now. I totally agree with what Abby wrote about having to "leave behind" the reality that we've been a part of and thinking about how different things will be. In some ways I want to try in May but in others I want to wait until August or September because then I can enjoy one last summer of my current life. Life will be even more amazing I'm sure once we're enjoying a little person we created together but not sure if when I want to begin that journey yet. Concerts, cook outs, bachelorette parties, weddings, all of those things will be different pregnant - enjoyable in a different way so when do I want to start that new way?
Let's hope I haven't already.......

No comments: