Thursday, March 6, 2008

maternity leave?

i was at my work meeting today and someone was talking about taking a trip for 3 weeks next spring. she wanted to make sure nobody else was planning vacation during that time so she wouldnt mess up scheduling. then she looked at me and said "vacation OR maternity leave"...of course i got all red....perhaps maternity leave next spring, hopefully i guess is the better way to say it.
i was bending down this morning putting a bowl into the dishwasher and i got a shooting pain up the middle of my back. i almost threw up, almost passed out. im thankful jeff was in the kitchen with me. he helped me to the couch but i was going to be late for work so he walked me to my car and i went to my meeting. of course, as i was driving it got worse and worse. i hobbled into the meeting, and afterwards they needed to wheel me back to my car in a wheelchair because i couldnt walk, nor could i work!!!! after hours at the dr office today, its just a strain (which i assumed but it didnt help the pain), i had a pain shot and then a muscle relaxer prescription. so now im stuck in bed, lying on a heating pad, with an awful back spasm. aaaarrrrggghhh!!! anyone have any good DVDs i can borrow tomorrow while im stuck in bed on my back?

No comments: