Saturday, March 8, 2008

A little background

So I thought you might want to know how the blog idea came about........it started out with the four of us and our husbands who are neighbors on the same street (about 8 houses apart). There is Abby and Bobby, Cara and Matt, Marni and Jeff and their 18month old son Levy, along with myself and my husband Joey. We're twenty somethings to early 30s and love that we can hang out at one of our houses then just walk home (no sober driver needed!) Until recently our discussions at dinner or over drinks have been the Cleveland Indians in the playoffs, job opportunities, great restaurants, vacation ideas, what kind of new car to buy, and humurous stories from our past. A few months ago baby fever overcame Abby, Marni, and I - this is now a new topic of conversation - fun for the ladies and often ignored by the men. Its hard to explain this baby fever unless you've experienced it for yourself. Some days it consumes most of my thoughts - when I think we should start trying, baby names, imagining what it will be like to be pregnant - these are the days Joey wants to hit a mute button to make me stop spouting out baby talk. Don't get me wrong, he wants to have kids but the thought of it at this time is somewhat overwhelming for him which is a foreign concept to me during the "baby fever". Once the "fever" subsides I wonder how I will ever work, exercise, cook, walk the dogs, take care of a baby and still have a social life. Pondering those subjects can make me feel overwhelmed as well so I stop thinking about it and look at the adorable IU onesie I bought. Joey and I met at Indiana University (IU) where we went to college and when we were there visiting a few months ago I bought this onesie for our future baby to wear. This was an ordeal - Joey actually had sweat on his brow when I was making this purchase due to the anxiety of thinking about us having a baby - he'll get over that feeling right?

No comments: