Monday, February 7, 2011

You Can Lead a Horse to Water, But You Can't Make Him Drink

That about sums up our potty-training work. Elliot will tell us he has "doo doo" and will ask for his potty chair. So we run to the potty and get him on, where he sits for about 2 seconds and then says "all done" and gets up. Then he won't sit back down (after all, he's all done in his mind). What is frustrating is the fact that he has never put so much as a drip of pee (or anything else) into that potty. I am happy that he is willing to go to it, knows it by name, and can somewhat identify an urge to go (or he just likes saying the words"doo doo" and "poop" and gets a kick out of the potty-run process). However, I look forward to the day when he actually goes on it. Oh well, I suppose he won't be wearing diapers to take his SATs so I should just chill out.

In other news, I am FINALLY starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel as my first trimester draws to a close. Now I look forward to getting a belly so that (1) my maternity clothes stop looking so stupid and (2) people know I am pregnant not just a giant pig when I inhale a huge meal.

No comments: