Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Funk

Is this a winter funk or my pregnancy hormones? I normally go through a winter doldrum period every year and it's usually right after the first of the year. I'm staring down the long, frigid month of January, the calendar usually seems to have an extra week (or two) every January. The month will last forever and spring will never come. This year has been a bit different. I actually was energized after the holidays, looking forward to finally feeling good and getting some items marked off my baby to-do list. I was excited about the 20 week ultrasound mid-month (everything was great, by the way!!) and feeling good about where I was in life. That was January 10th. Then I spent the next few weeks dealing with a car accident (again, everything about me and the baby was okay) but the paperwork, red tape and car nightmares kept me occupied for that dreary, depressing month of January. Long awaited February has finally arrived!!!! Full blown snowstorm and wintry mix along with it. This is NOT what I expect from February, it's my birthday month after all!!! So, now that February has rolled in, I'm finally hitting my 'winter funk'. I'm still without my car (brand new at the time, mind you), it's bitterly cold with no end in sight and I'm really climbing walls for spring to arrive. Oh, and did I mention that snowstorm? So here I am, less than excited about the days ahead and wanting nothing more than to hibernate the next 2 months away. I'm left trying to decide if this is an extra bad case of the doldrums or if it's the usual winter funk, magnified by these so called 'pregnancy hormones'. I'll let you know once the snow starts to melt. Happy February....

No comments: