Monday, October 5, 2009

Jackson Ari

We are so in love with him and its hard to remember life without him even though he's not even 1 month old. He loves to snuggle, listen to books being read to him, listen to music (current fave is B is for Bob - a kids Bob Marley CD my sister got him) and bath time. Being his mom is the most amazing thing I have ever done and I'm loving every second I spend getting to know him.

A quick version of the birth.....
I went to Hillcrest on Tuesday night to be induced and pitocin was started at 645am on Wednesday morning. Pitocin was incredibly effective and I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes that were lasting 60-90 seconds. We had a doula who was fabulous and I highly recommend it if you're considering going natural. I was able to get to 5cm through some rough contractions but as the pitocin was turned up again at that point I could no longer hold off. I had an epidural and immediately I was able to relax. The doctor broke my water and I tried to get some much needed rest. After a few hours I was at 8cm but the doctor said he thought my pelvic opening seemed small. Not really what you want to hear when you're thinking a baby has to come out. After another 2 hours I was still only 8cm and the baby was starting to have some decels. After laboring for 14 hours I was on my way to the OR for a c-section. AT 8pm on 9-9-09 Jackson Ari arrived weighing 6 pounds 8 ounces and he was perfect. I was in love from the moment I heard him cry. I LOVE being a mom. Joey has been incredible and I couldn't ask for a more loving husband and father to our son.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great blog! (I found it through Kelly's). Since I missed the September book club, I didn't get to hear about your beautiful new baby! So excited for you!

-Chrissy