Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Take a deep breath....

that was what Joey told me to do at 2am when I suddenly woke up gasping for air and light headed. I'm guessing the girth of my belly and minimal room for my lungs was the culprit. After sitting in front of a fan and taking some deep breaths I started to feel better. I asked Joey to call the doctor and let him know he needs to get this baby out so I can breath. He didn't and I'm breathing slightly more comfortably now - definitely not looking forward to trying to sleep tonight.

In some ways I no longer know what it means to get a full nights sleep. I am up a minimum of 2 times having to pee - most nights I'm up 3-4 times. At this point I can no longer lay flat on my side so the mountain of pillows surrounding me has expanded in order to support me and my big belly. I know this is all a ploy to get me so frustrated that I would do anything to push this baby out when the time comes. Also, to get me ready for sleepless nights coming up with feedings and diaper changes. What I wouldn't give to sleep through the night just one more night before Beyonce arrives.

A lovely side effect to lack of sleep is that I have a hard time functioning mentally throughout the day. I forget words, special occasions, tasks I need to complete......ugh!

I had to get the complaining out of the way but I have to tell you that I'm so excited to meet the little kick boxer in my belly. I will miss the jabs and pokes (I still think its the coolest feeling ever) but I'm so looking forward to holding and kissing the chubby cheeks of this baby. I want to see the person Joey and I created. I want to find out the personality. I want to snuggle and smell that amazing baby smell. I can't believe I will experiencing all of that in less than 16 days.......

No comments: