Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Half way!

Can you believe it?! I was officially 20 weeks yesterday and I have only posted once since finding out I was preg.....I'll work on that.

Last week we had the big ultrasound and much to the dismay of my mother we did not find out if we're having a boy or a girl. I think it will be such a fun surprise to see if we're having a daughter or son at the time s/he is born. We did find out that all looks great anatomy wise. As many of you know I worked in peds cardiology before and my big concern was seeing the heart had formed correctly - there were 4 chambers, a nice aortic arch, etc and the tech was very reassuring that everything looked great. Whew!

I have to tell you the best thing so far is seeing the baby at the ultrasound and hearing the heartbeat - it is the best sound I've ever heard! When Joey saw the ultrasound and what actually looked like a baby he was amazed and I think he really started to get excited at that point. I'm looking forward to feeling the kicks - remind me I said this when I'm complaining about elbows/feet in my ribs in a few months.

I'm feeling fantastic - a little tired but overall I feel really good now. The 24 hour a day hangover feeling subsided around 14 weeks and since then I've felt like a real person again. I'm trying to work out a little bit more, mostly walking but its something.

My biggest complaint is I'm having a hard time finding maternity clothes. I really didn't like the maternity store at the mall but maybe I just need someone to help me navigate through it. I've had a little luck at Gap and Old Navy online. Anyone that has any suggestions, it would be most appreciated. I'm also thinking about getting a pregnancy pillow to help me sleep - anyone use one of those that they loved?

No comments: