Tuesday, December 9, 2008

6 Months Along ... Wait, That Means Only 4 Left

It's like I woke up today and realized that I have hardly any time left to get organized! We are on track with things - baby furniture ordered, registry started, looking into lamaze classes, pediatricians, and child care, but I still feel like I won't get things done on time. And my pregnancy brain is worse than ever, totally killing my normally stellar memory.

Things I have done recently:
1. Put a new container of ice cream in the fridge after shopping - and not discovering it until more than 24 hours later when I went in the freezer for ice cream and learned it was a puddle.

2. Printed out important estate planning documents rather than e-mailing them to the client, which I only discovered when the client asked me where the were several days later.

3. Talked to a client for several minutes about "her case" only to realize I was explaining something going on in a totally different case (the weirder part may be that the client didn't bother to interrupt me and tell me she had no idea what I was talking about)

I feel like I am forgetting everything, and at a really busy time of year when I am trying to settle 15 different cases, that is not good - at this time it is crucial to be able to keep things organized and straight.

I did just make a list of projects to accomplish at home after the first of the year - mostly all are nursery or baby-related. Hopefully by making a list I can remember to do them all. Too bad it doesn't mean they will magically get accomplished without me!

No comments: