Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Strong Heartbeat Baby, a Bad Cold for Mama

I can't believe we're closing in on the end of the fourth month already. The past two months have really flown by! We had our doctor's appointment last monday and everything is going along quite well with a strong heartbeat that the doctor referred to as "perfect." It was a good appointment, and I got to set up my 20 week ultrasound, which I really excited to have.

That ... was the beginning of the week.  Unfortunately, the rest of the week put me well under the weather.  After getting a case settled Wednesday morning, I left to go home and lay down. I could feel something coming on but I thought I might be able to fight it off.  Unfortunately, it has blossomed into a terrible cold that has really knocked me out.  I haven't been back to work this week and now I have no voice.  If I could just sleep well I think that would make a difference.  Unfortunately, my doctor tells me that the Nyquil I normally drink to knock myself out is a no-no for the baby.  What is on the list?  Well, regular strength tylenol and regular sudafed, which haven't seemed to help my symptoms too much.  At least I have plenty of hot tea, juice, and tissues thanks to Bobby.

2 comments:

Marni said...

benedryl.

Cara said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!