Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cheese, Glorious Cheese!

You can now see my weird, floating alien baby in the cool widget Marni was nice enough to add to the blog.

So, I have already had a few food aversions (chicken breast, broccoli, and my regular latte) but I really wasn't having any cravings yet. Until the other day. I was sitting at my desk, minding my own business, when I decided I wanted some cheddar cheese. And I wanted it immediately. I called Bobby and he promised he would stop at the grocery on his way home and have cubes of cheddar cheese waiting for me. I even left work 10 minutes early so I could get my hands on it sooner. The entire way home in the car, I kept thinking about the cheese and how good it was going to be. I was impatient with drivers, taking short cuts, and feeling like I was about to go out of my mind if I didn't get some damn cheese! Then, the magic moment came when I finally pulled on to my street. But my elation was soon crushed when I pulled into the driveway only to find that Bobby wasn't home yet. How dare he, I thought to myself. Fortunately, I didn't have a chance to call him in an irrational fit of anger about my cheese because he pulled in right behind me. He presented me with the cheese and I felt like I could not have been happier. I proceeded straight to the couch to sit in front of the fan with my cheese while Bobby took out the dogs (what a guy). I ripped open the top of the bag and peered in at my deliciously orange bounty; then there was the glorious first cube, then the second, and on and on. I was like a madwoman. When I decided I had my fill it was time to lay down. I proceeded to have a nap, only to wake up terribly nauseous. I don't blame the cheese, but I haven't craved it again and the cubes are still sitting in the cheese drawer in the fridge. This pregnancy is messing with my mind.

No comments: