Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Four Weeks Eek!

36 weeks today. 9 months. Only four weeks remain. Although, I have a strong feeling this baby is coming earlier (as does Bobby, my mom, and my sister - all independently concluded). I don't know why, but I feel like I won't make it to my due date this time. With Elliot, I just knew I would be late and, if I hadn't been induced, I am sure I would have. But this time I just keep thinking it's going to pop out any day. In any event, I am more than ready to move on to the next chapter, especially since I am extremely uncomfortable.

What I am worried about this time around is just going into labor. Last time, I had the nice experience of being induced, which let me go into the hospital in a relaxed way and slowly get into the process. This time, there is no indication that I will be induced so it looks like I will just have to wait on pins and needles for it to happen. I don't like that idea one bit. The main reason I don't is because I have this fear that I will be involved in a mad dash to get to the hospital on time while in raging contractions. I have this fear because it happened with my mom and aunt with their second kids. I also have this fear because of how fast my labor moved last time. I was just reading over my birth story and it reminded me that in one hour I went from 4cm to 8cm. And then in just TWO contractions I went from 8cm to 10cm and the baby was coming down fast, born just less than 30 minutes later. Yikes! That was all well and good when I was already at the hospital, but if I have to labor at home this time I might be having a baby in the car! Hopefully this is just a fear that won't really happen. If I could order a start to labor, it would just begin with my water breaking and no major contractions so that I could just go to the hospital, get admitted, get my epidural, and settle in until push time. We'll see how that goes.

Preparations for Elliot are going well and I think he is getting really excited. He likes to tell me about all the toys he is going to share with the baby and how they will play ball, etc. Let's hope it goes so well once there is a real live baby here.

4 weeks (or maybe less) and we'll have a new family member!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Greetings Abby! I'm Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer a quick question about your blog :-) My email is Lifesbanquet1(at)gmail.com