Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's Not About Babies, But It's Life Anyway

Did you ever have one of those days where you get ready for work and you feel like your outfit is put together well? Your top looks cute, your pants look nice and complimentary from the front AND the side, and you feel like you look pretty professional and adult-like? Pretty great huh? That's how my day started today.

And did you ever have one of those same days, but somehow, during the 25-minute car ride to work something goes terribly wrong and you get out of your car and all of the sudden the outfit you left the house in just doesn't seem the same anymore? Your pants suddenly seem too short for your shoes, your top is riding up and you need to keep pulling it down so that it doesn't show off the pantyhose you had to hike up in order to hold in that extra little bulge, and now your right bra strap suddenly keeps making special appearances inside the neckline of that sweater that sat just right 25 minutes earlier? Pretty crappy huh? That's how my day continued. I subsequently got to spend the rest of my day pulling down my top and pulling in my neckline so that my boss didn't have to see that I mistakenly wore the brown bra with the black top. Not to mention that after missing my last pumping while preparing for depositions that I developed monstrous and offensive cleavage, causing the development of the double-hump boob over the edge of my bra that was readily apparent for all to see.

Awesome day.

3 comments:

'BOTB said...

I feel ya, Abby. My control tops were totally in control when I left the house, yet when I was at my day long meeting/school event and meeting important people, they kept rolling down so I had a relentless bulge myself. Argh!

Sarah said...

Usually that perfect outfit for me was ruined by baby vomit before I even had my first sip of coffee. Thank god she out grew that.

Cara said...

The worst for me, is when I envision the 'perfect' outfit while snoozing for the 7th time, only to realize once I'm dressed that it looks NOT AT ALL how it looked in my mind and now I have to waste 10 more minutes figuring out a new outfit, that usually looks not at all 'perfect'.