Friday, August 7, 2009

Bigger, Bigger, and Bigger

Elliot is four months old now, and officially out of the larvae stage during which he spent 90% of his time wrapped like a baby burrito. And while I miss part of the burrito days, like being able to run errands and have him sleep quietly the whole time, I really love that he is developing into a little person. But I guess he is not that little. At his four month checkup today, the nurse said "gee, he looks really big to be only four months old." That's right. I lied. He's really two, I just think four months sounds cuter. The nerve. But, as big as he seems (I think he's just right, by the way) he is very "average" for everything - height, head, and weight.

What gets me is his diaper size. See, he has these really chubby legs, so even though he can still technically fit in a size two, I have to yank the tabs to fasten them. Then, they leave red marks on his cute michelin man thighs. So. Today I did it. I bought size threes. No big deal, right? I mean, it's just a size. But it's not! It means he is getting bigger and bigger and soon he'll be telling me I am being "ridiculous" when I tell him he can't go on a road trip with his friends at 16. Ok I exaggerate, but it really seems to be going fast!

Earlier today, I took him to my office because I had to do a few things. Of course, he was a hit. More than one person threatened to eat him. But he loved my boss' office best because he has fun things to grab on his desk like a business card holder and a paperweight. Everything he saw he reached for with this facial expression like "I. Want. That. IT MUST GO IN MY MOUTH" But tonight, we got to put him to bed and then listen to him babble to himself for about ten minutes before he fell asleep. I should be tape recording it because it is so freaking cute. He likes to say ooooooh oooooooh ooooooh and then go AH! really loud. Fun times.

Meanwhile, he gets to see his cousin Betty tomorrow. And since she is only two and a half weeks old, that makes him older and able to give advice. He has already demonstrated how fun it is to try and grab a baby's face - she did not enjoy that lesson.

Happy Weekend to All!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.